NO-HARM PICKLING ACID HALF-GALLON
For use as primary pickling acid or adjusting pH in a Citric Acid pickle. No-Harm pickling acid is very effective. No-Harm acid is non-hazardous. Do not allow No-Harm Acid to Freeze. Amount needed to achieve proper pH will vary depending on water hardness. Pickle solutions will generally require 1 oz. per gallon of solution.
Pickling Instructions: No-Harm Acid or Citric Acid
- Per gallon of warm water (not exceeding 90 degrees) add 1lb of salt. 2.5 gallons of pickle is recommended per deer cape.
- Amount of No-Harm Acid or Citric Acid required will depend on acid being used. If using Citric Acid add 3 oz per gallon of water. No-Harm Acid ½ oz per gallon of water.
- A pH of 1.5-2 is best.
- Skins should remain in the pickle solution for 24-48 hours before shaving. Stir / agitate pickle daily. (Skins can remain in the pickle for an extended period of time as long as the pH is maintained.)
- Once shaved, skins should be put back in pickle overnight.
- Adjust pH as needed.
- Re-Shave skins as needed the next day.