Since 2008 American Leatherworks has been selling the highest quality leather products. Throughout this time we’ve done so much. Here’s a short list:
- Opened and operated 2,900 square foot retail store in downtown Leavenworth (The oldest town in Kansas) from 2008 until 2011.
- Obtained permission from a Disabled Veteran who operated www.americanleatherworks.com to buy the rights, and then we operated it (with only a few months of down time) since 2008.
- Taught numerous leather-craft classes for kids and adults.
- Helped many leather crafters by selling their products on consignment, providing them with a place to work on projects, and by collaborating with them on craft and business ideas.
- Helped other businesses by bringing their products to market.
- Sold top quality military gear to service-members and military organizations.
- Identified business needs that weren’t being met and provided goods and services that met those needs.
- Coined a few phrases including:
- Worked with our customers to bring their ideas to life. Over the years we’ve made many hundreds of custom items with over 99% customer satisfaction rate.
- Repaired thousands of items including: family heirlooms, leather jackets, boots, saddles, saddlebags, holsters, etc.
- Fought against many forces to stay in business. Here’s a few: shoplifters, hackers, intellectual property thieves, poor product quality, financial challenges, economic policies, economic conditions, technological changes, competition in the industries, always changing ground rules, and always changing customer needs and wants.
- When we’ve made money (and when we haven’t), others have made money because we’re open. We’ve paid people and organizations to help us operate and develop our business including: managers, employees, contract laborers, consignees, vendors, leather crafters, seamstresses, landlords, accountants, event operators, marketing firms, website developers, website hosting companies, banks, credit card processing companies, local organizations, cities, states, the United States Government, and many more.
- We’ve shared a lot with our customers, employees and friends! We’ve laughed, cried, celebrated, panicked, strutted our stuff, and adjusted course a thousand times. We’re still here and getting better!
Tomorrow is never promised so we operate in the now. We’re working very hard to bring you the best products and have fun doing it. Keep up with us by periodically checking this website, checking our Facebook page and Twitter accounts, signing up for our newsletter, and watching for e-mail updates.